- QA Engineer with 3+ years experience
- Location: Local or remote (we are based in Dallas, Texas)
- Experience in HR tech, eLearning, training software-as-a-service a plus
To commoditize a $374 billion dollar market by taking a proven learning process and making it easily accessible and pervasive.
OUR WHY STATEMENT (Mission)
We believe that retained knowledge is the fundamental element that drives human growth, and retaining knowledge creates the building blocks to a better world.
WHAT WE DO
True learning happens when you have the end in mind — remembering what you need to know. Everything we do, everything we believe in, is to ensure this happens.
HOW WE DO IT
Trivie merges proven brain science techniques, artificial intelligence, gamification into a social environment to help fortify the long-term retention of workforce learning.
What we are looking for
We’re looking for a QA engineer to help us build the foundation of core best practices for testing the Trivie platform of products. You’ll work closely with team members across engineering, marketing, sales, product, design, and others.
- You get excited about helping people solve problems.
- You have 3+ years of QA experience.
- Proven work experience in software development
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Ability to assess automated testing tool including criteria definition, critical evaluation, and tool selection
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- You’re consistently curious, seeking advice and feedback from inside and outside the organization.
- You thrive in a start-up environment and like spending time with people who love learning and technology
What you’ll do
- Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Assist in conducting User Acceptance Testing
- Monitor debugging process results and resolution
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up to date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Be involved for the entire life cycle to reduce requirement for detailed specs
- Acknowledgement that manual testing is a required aspect to fast development
- Serve as Quality Champion in the organization to promote best practices through all levels of development and integration
- At Trivie, we have a work wherever, whenever environment - What works best for you, works for us—whether that means you’re in the office, at a coffee shop, or at your kitchen table. As long as work gets done, all is well in the Trivie world (however, we do have offices in Dallas, Texas)
- Competitive salary
- Health Insurance - Medical, vision, and dental
- Stock options
Our Approach to Inclusion, Equality, Equity, and Diversity
We believe that every individual's uniqueness brings out the core goodness of the human spirit and is the cornerstone for a better world.
At Trivie, we are and always have been a company that is committed to providing an inclusive work environment where people can be themselves regardless of race, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, or gender identity. In doing so, we provide an environment of trust, commitment, and entrepreneurship that joins our customers, partners, and community in a common goal of human decency and kindness.